Leading up to Emalyth INFINITI, I had a chat with Wouter of Maximum Carnage:
1) What are you most looking forward to at the Emalyth Arts Expo?
Definitely the kickass lineup and the art, those are the two biggest things. We always look forward to a party at Wolmer. It has to be “the most South African ” venue we have in this country.
2) What are your thoughts on the local metal scene?
We are extremely proud of our local metal scene; bands are starting to write and record on world class levels now. It’s a truly exciting time to be a part of it all.
3) Do you have any favourite gig experiences?
Way to many to mention…(laughs) However I would say any tour to a new place or playing to people for the first time we take as a “favourite ” gig . Places like Botswana, Mozambique and headlining Cape Towns Metal for Africa.
4) What does 2016 hold for Maximum Carnage?
In the early part of 2016 we are releasing a new album. We will be doing a tour with GOD MOTHER (from Sweden) in March, and bringing out new merch.
5) What advice can you give to people wanting to start a band?
Practice, practice, practice. Play as much as you can live. Passion and focus is is your best tools. Always make music you would like to hear…
6) If you could go back in time to any musical period, what would it be and why?
60’s, 80’s and the present. 60’s for the party… 80’s for the Thrash!!! The present as there has never been more bands,technology for recording and platforms to promote and distribute your music.