Leading up to Emalyth Arts Expo INFINITI, I spoke to the lads of Goat Throne:
1) What are you most looking forward to at the Emalyth Arts Expo?
Nic: The gig itself.
Gav: Boargazm and Herman’s (Juggernaught) balls. Also stoked to see the NervoChaos dudes!
Lex: What is Emalyth Arts Expo?
2) What are your thoughts on the local metal scene?
Nic: There’s a local metal scene? Sweet! Tell them to hook us up with some gigs!
Gav: We should meet them sometime. I know a gym boet. We can have latte.
Lex: There’s a local metal scene?
3) Do you have any favourite gig experiences?
Nic: There was thus one time Gav impaled Lyle’s face on his guitar…
Gav: That was Durban, Jesus Christ what a show! Noisefix are the ultimate best friends for ‘enabling’ our band.
Lyle: later cleaned the wound with hard tack, true ass Viking.
Lex: This one time this guy drank a beer at the bar and then there was this girl who went to the bathroom and a speaker almost fell over
4) What does 2016 hold for Goat Throne?
Nic: More gigs, tours and recording.
Lex: Holds my balls
5) What advice can you give to people wanting to start a band?
Nic: Do it, practice a shit ton. Don’t be afraid of being shit at first. Have fun.
Gav: Don’t include ridiculous adjectives in the band name either. Oh and listen to Creedence.
6) If you could go back in time to any musical period, what would it be and why?
Nic: 31st December 1969. Birth of the Golden Age of Rock and Roll
Gav: I don’t believe music can menstruate. That being said, totally the 70’s metal thing. Ritchie Blackmore.
Lex: 4 April 2014
Lyle: 1968 (Jimi Hendrix)