Leading up to the much anticipated Krank’d Up, we spoke to Mezzanine Floor.
1) When you were chosen to play KU 2017- how did you feel, especially once you found out who the international artists were?
We were absolutely stoked beyond words! As one of the most prestigious events on the metal calendar, we have had our sights on Krank’d Up for quite some time. As for the international artists, it was then when we realised it would be the biggest most pivotal show of our lives to date. It’s an honour for us to be mentioned alongside such heavyweights in the industry.
2) How do you think we can improve our local scene?
There’s no simple answer to that however, for us it’s festivals like Krank’d Up that rejuvenate the local scene at its roots, we are an example of that. Coming out of good old PE, we are driven to work hard and maintain a solid presence on the scene on a national level. As a result of this opportunity given to us, it pushes local bands to work even harder to get that set ready and perfect a live show to get on the scene and represent yourself.
3) Tell us something about your band that your fans might not know?
Before every show for as long as can remember, without fail, we will find a place somewhere around or outside the venue, form a unusual type of huddle and perform a tribal chant of sorts. Its got a bit of Enya vibe.
4) Where do you hope to see yourselves as a band in 5 years’ time?
We typically see ourselves touring internationally, whether it be a supporting act on world tour, landing gigs at the big festivals or headlining our own shows overseas. As well as at least another full length album or 2.
5) If you were a pop group, what would you call yourselves?
Get your tickets to this awesome event here