Leading up to the much anticipated Krank’d Up, we spoke to State Society:
1) When you were chosen to play KU 2017- how did you feel, especially once you found out who the international artists were?
When the mighty Duncan Bell and Wayne Boucher from Turning Tricks Entertainment informed us that we were performing at #KU2017, we were over the moon. Intervals and Memphis May Fire are just extraordinary and we are honoured to be sharing the stage with them.
2) How do you think we can improve our local scene?
The scene has its ups and downs and we believe that everyone should stick with it through the downs and go out and support the shows wherever possible. Support the venues, the bands, the sound and lighting crews and just have a good time with no bad attitudes.
3) Tell us something about your band that your fans might not know?
Marchant, our guitarist’s beard, recently received its own zip code for its massive size. Our keyboardist Justin is actually the best musician in the band having performed alongside Metallica in his musical career and he recently watched Slayer, Gojira and Blink 182 in France. We hate him for that.
4) Where do you hope to see yourselves as a band in 5 years’ time?
Hopefully we would have done our planned overseas tour to Robben Island by then. Maybe have some new merch. We’ll see.
5) If you were a pop group, what would you call yourselves?
We are kind of poppy at times, but if we went full pop, we would probably call ourselves The Wackademia Nuts. Or Joe And The Jockstraps. It’s a toss up between those two.
Get your tickets to this awesome event here